Thursday, June 7, 2012

Organizing a Medicine Cabinet


  Okay, I can't believe that I am going to share this picture. I am sure that a lot of people have a hard time organizing. So I thought I would share my organization journey, on a budget.

  Did you know you shouldn't store medicine in a bathroom? So I picked a smaller cabinet in the kitchen, and I have been using it for a few years.

   Everything was working fine. Until yesterday I couldn't find my son's allergy medicine. And we had just used it the day before. So, I thought, enough is enough I am going to get the small spaces in my house organized. And I am going to start with the Medicine Cabinet.  (By the way, I still haven't found the medicine.)



   I bought some plastic baskets from the dollar store a while ago. I think they came in packs of 2 and 3. Not bad for a buck! I had the extras stored for some future use after organizing my junk drawer.

  So first I emptied the medicine cabinet by categorizing the items in different groups. I separated into trash, needs a new home, Adult, Dog, and Children's medicines. I made sure to check all of the expiration dates.

Make sure to dispose of the medicines properly. Here are some tips: Never Flush, Mix with coffee grounds or kitty litter. You may also want to scratch out identifying info on prescription medicine.


  Next, I put them in the correct baskets and labeled the baskets. I made sure to put the medicines that we use daily in the front of the basket so they would be easy to reach.



   Then I put the baskets back into the cabinet and I was done!!! I thought the process was going to take a lot longer but 20 minutes later I was finished! And I have way more room in my cabinet now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment